PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
Aspace Holdings ltd
Version 1, 24-May-2018
Welcome to the ASPACE website terms and conditions for use.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, you may not use or access this Website.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions, please contact our Customer Service team by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or call us on 01985 988 775, open 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
These terms and conditions will apply to all orders for Products which are being delivered within the UK.
Explaining the legal basis we rely on.
The law on data protection sets out a number of different reasons for which a company may collect and process your personal data, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your data only with your consent, for example:
- When you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
- When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make it clear to you which data is necessary in connection with a particular service.
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations, for example:
- If you order an item from us for home delivery, we will collect your address details to deliver your purchase and pass them to our courier.
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data, for example:
- We can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting the company to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business. This does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests for example:
- We will use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers.
- We also combine the shopping history of many customers to identify trends and ensure we can keep up with demand or develop new products/services.
- We will also use your address details to send you direct marketing information (occasional catalogues) by post, telling you about products and services that we think might interest you.
When do we collect your personal data?
- When you visit our website
- When you make an online purchase
- When you purchase a product or service by phone
- When you engage with us on social media.
- When you contact us by any means with queries, complaints etc.
- When you enter prize draws or competitions.
- When you choose to complete any surveys we send you.
- When you comment on or review our products and services.
- Any individual may access personal data related to themselves, including opinions. So if your comment or review includes information about the Partner who provided that service, it may be passed on to them if requested. Our partner for independent reviews is Feefo.
- When you’ve given a third-party permission to share with us the information they hold about you.
What sort of personal data do we collect?
- If you place an order with us: your name, gender, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- Details of your interactions with us via contact centres and online.
- For example, we collect notes from our conversations with you, details of any complaints or comments you make, details of purchases you may have made, information about items viewed or added to your basket, gift list and wish list choices, voucher redemptions, other brands you show interest in, web pages you visit and how and when you contact us.
- Details of your shopping preferences.
- Personal details which help us to recommend items of interest.
- We’ll only ask for and use your personal data collected for recommending items of interest to you and to tailor your shopping experience with us. Of course, it’s always your choice whether you share such details with us. See below:
- Payment card information: We do not store this information.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country and local telephone code where your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the advertisements you clicked on, and any search terms you entered.
- Your social media username, if you interact with us through those channels, to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
How and why do we use your personal data?
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. One way to achieve that is to get the richest picture we can of who you are by combining the data we have about you.
We then use this to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, if you wish to change how we use your data, you’ll find details in the ‘What are my rights?’ section below.
Remember, if you choose not to share your personal data with us, or refuse certain contact permissions, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for.
Here’s how we’ll use your personal data and why:
- To process any orders that you make by using our website. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- For example, your details may need to be passed onto a third party to supply or deliver the product or service that you ordered, and we may keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds, guarantees and so on.
- To respond to your queries, refund requests and complaints. Handling the information you sent enables us to respond. We may also keep a record of these to inform any future communication with us and to demonstrate how we communicated with you throughout. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests in providing you with the best service and understanding how we can improve our service based on your experience.
- To process payments and to help prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests. This also helps to protect our customers from fraud.
- If we discover any criminal activity or alleged criminal activity through fraud monitoring and suspicious transaction monitoring, we will process this data for the purposes of preventing or detecting unlawful acts. Our aim is to protect the individuals we interact with from criminal activities.
- With your consent, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email and through our contact centres about relevant products and services including tailored special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
- Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any of these channels at any time.
- To send you relevant, personalised communications by post in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest.
- You are free to opt out of hearing from us by post at any time.
- To send you communications required by law or which are necessary to inform you about our changes to the services we provide you. For example, updates to this Privacy Notice, product recall notices, and legally required information relating to your orders. These service messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. If we do not use your personal data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To administer any of our prize draws or competitions which you enter, based on your consent given at the time of entering.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement. For example, when a court order is submitted to share data with law enforcement agencies or a court of law
- To send you survey and feedback requests to help improve our services. These messages will not include any promotional content and do not require prior consent when sent by email or text message. We have a legitimate interest to do so as this helps make our products or services more relevant to you.
- Of course, you are free to opt out of receiving these requests from us at any time by contacting us.
How we protect your personal data
We know how much data security matters to all our customers. With this in mind, we will treat your data with the utmost care and take all appropriate steps to protect it.
We secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is not held by us but by full hosted system (currently Paypal).
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
How long will we keep your personal data?
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted completely or anonymised, for example by aggregation with other data so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and business planning.
Who do we share your personal data with?
We sometimes share your personal data with trusted third parties.
For example, delivery couriers, for fraud management, to handle complaints, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
Here’s the policy we apply to those organisations to keep your data safe and protect your privacy:
- We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services.
- They may only use your data for the exact purposes we specify in our contract with them.
- We work closely with them to ensure that your privacy is respected and protected at all times.
- Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as delivery couriers.
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic communications with you.
- For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
- We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
We may, from time to time, expand, reduce or sell Aspace Holdings ltd and this may involve the transfer of divisions or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
For further information please contact our Data Protection Officer.
To help personalise your journey through our website we currently use the following companies, who will process your personal data as part of their contracts with us:
- The Web Arc (our website developers)
- Magento (our back-office software)
- Mail Chimp (email marketing)
What are your rights over your personal data?
An overview of your different rights
You have the right to request:
- Access to the personal data we hold about you, free of charge in most cases.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete. For example, when you withdraw consent, or object and we have no legitimate overriding interest, or once the purpose for which we hold the data has come to an end (such as the end of a warranty).
- That we stop using your personal data for direct marketing (either through specific channels, or all channels).
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that we hold at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Data Protection Officer, Aspace Holdings Ltd, Unit 1, The Old Silk Works, Beech Avenue, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 8LX or email us on email@example.com. To ask for your information to be amended, please contact our Customer Services team on the above email address.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Your right to withdraw consent.
Whenever you have given us your consent to use your personal data, you have the right to change your mind at any time and withdraw that consent.
Where we rely on our legitimate interest
In cases where we are processing your personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest, you can ask us to stop for reasons connected to your individual situation. We must then do so unless we believe we have a legitimate overriding reason to continue processing your personal data.
You have the right to stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing activity through all channels, or selected channels. We must always comply with your request.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing?
There are several ways you can stop direct marketing communications from us:
- Click the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email communication that we send you. We will then stop any further emails from that particular division but continue sending confirmation of your order and despatch emails.
- Write to Data Protection Officer, Aspace Holdings Ltd, Unit 1, The Old Silk Works, Beech Avenue, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 8LX
- Please note that you may continue to receive communications for a short period after changing your preferences while our systems are fully updated.
Contacting the Regulator
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly, or you are unhappy with our response to any requests you have made to us regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
You can contact them by calling 0303 123 1113.
Or go online to www.ico.org.uk/concerns (opens in a new window; please note we can’t be responsible for the content of external websites)
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence. Details can be found in Section 16.
If you live outside the UK
For all non-UK customers
By using our services or providing your personal data to us, you expressly consent to the processing of your personal data by us or on our behalf. Of course, you still have the right to ask us not to process your data in certain ways, and if you do so, we will respect your wishes.
Sometimes we’ll need to transfer your personal data between countries to enable us to supply the goods or services you’ve requested. In the ordinary course of business, we may transfer your personal data from your country of residence to ourselves and to third parties located in the UK such as couriers.
By dealing with us, you are giving your consent to this overseas use, transfer and disclosure of your personal data outside your country of residence for our ordinary business purposes.
This may occur because our information technology storage facilities and servers are located outside your country of residence and could include storage of your personal data on servers in the UK.
We’ll ensure that reasonable steps are taken to prevent third parties outside your country of residence using your personal data in any way that’s not set out in this Privacy Notice. We’ll also make sure we adequately protect the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
We hope this Privacy Notice has been helpful in setting out the way we handle your personal data and your rights to control it.
If you have any questions that haven’t been covered, please contact our Data Protection Officer who will be pleased to help you:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or write to us at Data Protection Officer, Aspace Holdings Ltd, Unit 1, The Old Silk Works, Beech Avenue, Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 8LX
This notice was last updated on 23.05.18